Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Testicle Festivals!

Hey, did you know there are testicle festivals?

And, yes, I mean more than one!

From this moment on, when someone says, "Go have a ball," or "I had a ball," I will probably wince.

To think, years ago when I went to the National Rodeo Finals in Las Vegas, Nevada, and saw the bull ball/bladder--a canteen made from a bull's ball sack--I was horrified, even though the sales people insisted that it serves up clean water.

Back to the testicle festivals...I was surprised to hear that people actually congregate to eat them in public places, and they've allowed themselves to be videotaped wile eating them, too. If you'd like to laugh, or groan, or lick your lips over this sort of thing, just youtube or google TESTICLE FESTIVAL. I thought about posting a link or two, but I think you should run a search, so you can laugh over the number of results you get.

So, I guess they are being held all over the world. I saw a video from Alberta, Canada. Another in the UK, and several for places in the USA. And God knows the Chinese eat everything.

When I was a teenager, I had a friend named Margie whose dad owned a sheep ranch. That was the first time I'd ever heard of Rocky Mountain Oysters. She'd been raised on them, and vowed they were good. They smelled good, fried like chicken.

I gotta ask, do you think God just liked that flavor best? I mean, every time you turn around, somebody else is saying "Tastes like chicken."

Anyhow, I told the truth--starving myself this week, so thanks, but no thanks, I'll have to pass. (I was the epitome of the anorexic teen. I went for up to three weeks at a time without eating anything. Just drinking water or tang.)

Now, you might be wondering if I was sitting here, bored, and just came up with the idea to search the internet for something to do with testicles, or maybe some other dangly thing in that vicinity. But no. That is not how I managed to come across the topic, and visuals. (Eeek)

Would you be surprised if I said my husband brought it up? We can also depend on men to inform us of things we probably could have gone a lifetime without knowing. Don't you think?

Well, anyway, he asked me yesterday, "Did you know they have testicle festivals around here?"

I didn't. They have every other kind of festival in the Ozarks. If you can raise it, bake it, eat it, home make it, call it (pigs, hubbies, kids), or race it, (including outhouse races, pigs, and tractors!)there is most likely a festival in the Ozarks to represent it.

And these folks eat everything from possum to squirrel and turtle and frogs and crawdads...so I guess it stands to reason that this area, known for its agricultural roots, would eat 'em up some balls.

It's rocky terrain here, so there is actually more livestock than crops grown here...which may explain why there are multiple testicle festivals in the Ozarks.

Anyhow, I just thought you might need to know about this phenomena. So, now it's time to come clean...have you eaten balls or something else that dangles near them?

Labels: , , ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 9:44 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

I never heard of these. that is so funny

By Blogger Debby, at 5:21 AM  

I have eaten Bull Balls...After the first bite they were great. Don't know if I could do it again..
Had a busy day yesterday. One thing was taking Parker to the Dr, double ear infection. No grandkids today... So it is going to be a laid back day. My back is hurting me today.. I think standing in line for the medicine last night.. Ouch...

By Blogger Brenda, at 8:12 AM  

I love nibbling on hairy balls. (not)
Hey, I've been trying to get in touch with you for a while. Are you going to OWFI this year? Do you have a room yet? Dion and I have one reserved. Want to bunk with us?

miss you much,

vck

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 AM  

I DO want to go to OWFI. I bumped Tony about it last night. May 1st is his birthday, so I'm pretty sure he'll want...well, use your imagination and (since you're remarkably creative and really have an open mind about sex), you'll probably be pretty close to guessing what he's probably hoping for. I'm having trouble with my email. You can call me at my home number--which is posted all over the internet, thanks to the no privacy it offers.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------