Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2006

So, my husband called

You may want to refresh your memory on my previous buddy comments by reading earlier blogs before you go here...

My husband called early last night. Turns out he's been reading my blog while away up there in Alaska. I came in the door from a trip up town, my daughter was already on the phone with him, and the first thing he asked is, "Been up town with Buddy, eh?"

I shot back, "Of course. There's no homework getting done around here."

He chuckled. I did, too. And then there was a silence...you know, while we both pictured being in bed together. Or, I don't know, maybe he was picturing me being in bed with someone else. Whatever. Silent sex on the line. Ever been there?

There's a wistful feeling that rises up inside of you--aside from the lust--and it pushes your inherent loneliness to the fore.

So, I cleared my throat and said, "Actually, I went up town to spend time with a friend."

Just drove thirty miles to pick her up and buy her a soda and a burger, and have some girl time.

With all my writing and editing, and family life, I sometimes forget to take care of something that is very important to me--relationships with friends. It's not that I treat them badly, but sometimes I forget to call, or take the time. But, when I do make them a priority, I feel SO much better for it.

There's a song I heard once, don't know the name to it or who did it, but it asks if we're giving the most to those who matter the least. The first time I heard it, I went home and printed up that as a question and stuck it on the wall near my computer. Every time I got interrupted, and put my kids or husband off...when I'd glance over at them...they'd be staring at my note. Didn't take long for me to rework my priorities.

I live for my family and friends. And that's no lie. I struggle with terrible depression from time to time and sometimes each moment of breathing comes hard.

The important thing is...when I do things with and for my family and friends, the depression stays there, but is manageable. I keep busy so I don't have to think on that level.

And today I'm going to start a new vampire novella. I'm hoping to be a speed writer. Let's see how long it takes me to get it done, shall we?


Now, as you know, today is Easter. That means, time will be taken out for family and church. But, I have a couple of hours that I can write before we go, and before I take Sunday for my kids (and God).

Since you are my friends, I thought you might like to suggest some names for the characters in this new tale. I've decided that it will be about a girl whose boyfriend disappeared three years ealier. She finally gets over the trauma of his abandonment and starts dating. Only, you guessed it, Mr. Missing returns. Now, one of the guys, the new one or the old one, is a vampire...

What shall I call these people? And do you have suggestions for the name of this book?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:03 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

I think too we take less time than we should for those we live with--maybe this is a good time to start, definitely for me :-)) your new vampire sounds wonderful--suggestions on names...ummmm--good question-maybe Rafael or Gabriel for him and for her, Lenore or Alana (ignore all that may have been used prior)Titles I'm even worse with ....glenda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

I have a Rafael and a Gabriel in other books that I've started.

But, ALANA it is.

Still looking for a guy name. Currently, I have plugged in KUNTA but this character isn't black so I don't think that'll work for the long run.

More name suggestions please!

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 6:47 AM  

Jason
Michael
Justin
Reese
Logan
Thorne

I k now they sound common but too sound like vampire names other that the others listed

By Blogger Caffey, at 9:11 PM  

What's great about this area here, fans can add names to the list at any time, and I can come back and pick one for my next book(s) as I get ready to write them.

So, keep adding folks!

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------