Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Some weeks

I am trying to figure out why some weeks or days I can write like a maniac possessed with a story flowing so fast that I can barely keep up with the typing. I have LITERALY made the tips of my fingers sore to almost blister point two or three times because I typed so fast.

I know, that sounds like an exaggeration, but it isn't. I'm not saying I do it daily. But some days, I have done that...typing from the second I get up (almost) and through the wee hours of the next morning.

But that is not this week. I have started many things. I have stared at several pages I've written at other times, and just cannot get my head into a manuscript. Probably the shock of having my house to myself.

Although, to my credit, I will say...who else could concentrate when they have a coupole different publishers asking for little things here and there. All week, I've been messing around with my poetry books that will be coming out.

I think I already said that one sort of got lost in the pub. house and they just found it. And the other is going fast--and they've offered to slide some of my photo shots into the book. That one should be a totally awesome thing when it is all said and done.

So, I'll be promoting poetry books before the end of this year, obviously. If you have a poetry group in your area and would like for me to come in and chat or do a speaking deal, send me an email, tell me what city you're in. I have been looking at the conference and convention schedule(s) for this year and I am gonna get around a bit. I know I'll be in Vegas, probably, before the end of March--which means all the low states between Missouri and here, and I know I'll be down through Texas and over to Virginia by the end of that month, too--probably on separate trips. I THINK I'll be going down to Louisianna at the end of this month.

One of the things I like to do for writing groups is a chat style conversation over where they want to go with their writing, and look at individual projects the members have going--to see if I can offer some insight or help. Some folks that struggle with boomeranging manuscripts find that my eyes are good at spotting the reason behind the rejections.

Not bragging. Just saying...sometimes a fresh set of eyes with different training can spot the simple problems.

Anyhow, just putting the note out there that I can come through your town, wherever it is--and speak to your writer's group, or a reading club--or at your library. Or just have lunch.

Oh, yeah. I'll be up in Indiana before this year is over, too. And I was invited to have linquini (prepared BY my NY agent at his place) if I go to NYC. I dunno if that's gonna happen--if I can't focus on sf (and his type of it is non-sexual purist stuff). I gotta finish one of my dragon or sf fantasy things for him.

So, with that thought, I'm going to get busy...on SOMETHING.
Email me at JENNtherichwriter@centurytel.net or carys@carysweldon.com if you have a city you want me to put on my 2007 schedule. I can look up your local bookstores and libraries and see about making contacts.

Catch ya later.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:25 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------