Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, March 23, 2007

Texas A & M & AGGIECON

Holy cow! Have you ever been to Texas A & M????? I dunno how big the campus is in miles but...wow. It is the absolute biggest campus I've ever been on. Lots of money into it. It has the coolest agricultural buildings--you can see the trees and plants growing inside from the road--just neat to see.

And they have more stadiums and fields...and this huge huge huge tv screen on one of them--you can see that from the road too.

I know I sound like a little kid in awe--and I feel like one. Very cool school.

But I'll tell you a secret...I didn't wanna be impressed. And I am totally unhappy with the miles of walking required from parking garage to the event building. Holy cow, or crap--we're talking a mile, no kidding.

Luckily for me, my husband drove me down here. He'll drop me at the door and do the park and walk. Talk about your heroes.

I brought my son, too. He's totally jonesing to get into the gaming at science fiction con.

I'm nervous. I'm speaking on three panels here. The first one is the one I'm tense over. Music, fantasy, and imagination. What the heck are we gonna say?

The other two are sex talks. I can handle those. ;) One is the history of sex i sf. Wikipedia has a list of famous books that were mile markers of sex in sf, so prep for that one was easy. The other one is called Penetrating the Rift. Funny, huh? Carys Weldon will totally be in the house in those.

But...the music one. I'm racking my brain on what to say or prepare for that.
I've gotta go and see what I can skim into my head on that subject (on the net) before I hike over there.

I'll let ya know how that goes.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:23 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

I'm sure you were great on all of 'em. :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------