Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Life never turns out...

Life never turns out the way you plan it, does it?

Last month, I went to Ohio to Lori Foster's Get Together. That was good, but I ended up leaving early, and having to rush home--not getting to visit some friends in Illinois as planned. I'm looking at the calendar, trying to see when I can reschedule and get up there to chat and hang out for a day or two.

Already this month, I've had family trauma. My second daughter, Savannah, had surgery on Tuesday. That was a long day. She's fine. It was "only a gall bladder removal." But, to those who would say "only", I say...lots of people actually die during that surgery or from complications.

Take a look at these stats from http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/g/gallblad/stats.htm:

Incidence Rate: approx 1 in 438 or 0.23% or 620,031 people in USA

Incidence extrapolations for USA for Gall bladder conditions: 620,031 per year, 51,669 per month, 11,923 per week, 1,698 per day, 70 per hour, 1 per minute, 0 per second.

Deaths from Gall bladder conditions: 2,830 deaths reported in USA 1999 for cholelithiasis and other gall bladder conditions.

Death rate extrapolations for USA for Gall bladder conditions: 2,830 per year, 235 per month, 54 per week, 7 per day.

There are a lot more stats on that web page. Check it out.

So, anyhow, I've been really busy with life and family. What have you been up to?

Labels: , ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:56 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------