Carys Weldon Blog

Monday, May 19, 2008

Home and working.

Hi, my friends.

I'm home again, done gallivanting for a few weeks, and trying to buckle down. Spent the last 4 hrs doing my emails and gave up with way too many still untouched. (Sorry if yours is one of them.)

What news do I have? Three different books have been released in the last month or two. I think I already mentioned the Carys Weldon science fiction title Angel B.E.T., and the Jennifer DiCamillo (with CJ Winters) paranormal mystery anthology, DEADKNOTS.

Most recently, though, I saw the release of JOURNAL JUMPSTART, another Jennifer DiCamillo title. It's so new, it hasn't even been added to the publisher's website. It's in a workbook size and will help you quite a bit if you're a writer (since it has writing exercises) and is especially geared for those who'd like to get their memoirs together, or start a journal.

Keep an eye out at:
http://www.awoc.com and feel free to email the publisher and ask when it will be added, or available for purchase.

At the moment, I feel a little stymied by all the projects I need to work on, and can't think of anything "good" to tell you about on a personal level. Meaning...good enough to interest you. My life is suddenly ultra-boring to me. And my storytelling tales seem like too much drama and trauma to go on about. Nothing life threatening going on, Thank God.

How about you?

And are you still doing the dream account, even if I've been less than perfect at posting mine?

Today is the 139th day of the year, so that makes us up to depositing $139k in our dream account. Since the housing market is a buyer's place, I'd buy a house with it. Maybe in Sedona Arizona. I watched a show last night about Crystal Skulls and there are a ton of people who think Sedona is an energy center with healing properties, among other things. I think I'd like to go check that out.

I told my husband that I'd consider buying a house or moving there, just to have time to check it out and he said he'd definitely not want to move there. So, I guess that's it on that subject.

Where would you move if you could?
I know one thing, I wouldn't go to Florida on a permanent basis. Nice place to visit, though.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:28 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Well my dear, it's good to hear from you again. Seems like there should be something of importance to talk about but it's the same 'ol here. Still battling the weather to get crops in the ground. Poor Florida needs rain and right now we have just a bit too much. I'm very leery of complaining about the weather because I know come July & August we'll be looking at the sky and praying it will rain, even just a little bit. So...the corn is in the ground and bless it, all is coming up and with the chilly weather I wouldn't want to. Our second day of soybeans so we'll see. Enough from Ma Kettle.
Trying to think of another identity...hmmm, well how about Myrna Loy. Absolutely adorable but I have nothing in common there, so guess I'll be me.
I have all this money to spend and I know what I want to do with it. This is my dream money so whatever I want goes: I want to be transported to Carmel. Sophie the wonder boxer would be greeted everywhere as a very special dog. And she would have everything she needed for her comfort at the luxury hotel I select. I think a small boutique one with all the bells and whistles discreetly at the ready. We'll check out the vineyards, the coast and just do whatever we want. I will look spectacular since I've had so much dream money to spend on appearances and wardrobes and I think I'll need discreet security because Sophie & I are "top drawer" for this trip and "we want to be left alone!" Evenings walking along the beach, mornings too and visits to art galleries where once again Sophie is made over as she should be. I should really think up something for the poor people in Myanmar and China, but it's been so long since I used any dream money, It's all about me this time (and Sophie).
Went to a YMCA fundraiser Sat. night. One of the live auction items was a week anywhere in the world rci had accommodations. Think you could take 6 people total and it brought 17,000. I wanted to raise my number so bad but I just let the people with money have the fun and the bill. Did buy a coach purse for my dil. Her birthday is Friday.
You mentioned drab and boring, I have no excuse for thinking this way but I totally agree. I'm in for the Sedona thing. Love it and love the southwest. It's so mystical in Sedona and Illinois doesn't have anything I know of to compare.
All for now because "boring brain" can't come up with anything else. Congrats to you on the publishing. It's great when your hard work is recognized.
Are you headed to Ohio any time soon? If so, when? Noisy Nellie has a need to know!
Later dear. Hugs and love to you, Kay

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:04 PM  

Hi,
Welcome back!!!!Glad to hear from you.
We are still in Illinois. The Forest Service called and said not to come to Wy until they call. They have had so much snow only one campground is opened. We will leave next tuesday or Wednesday. I still can't believe we are still here. I want to go to the mountains and Peace and quiet.
Not much has happened here. We had a big family event. And It was a very nice time. It was nice to see everyone.
Steve is doing pretty good. He was in the hospital almost two weeks, stayed with his Mom for another two weeks and is now home.
Glad your books are out and I hope they are doing well. I have both of your books. I haven't read Angel B.E.T yet. Will let you know what I think of it.
I would love to go Sedonna, AZ. Maybe I will at some time.
I think it is great Kay that you are thinking of Sophie.. She is a very special dog. She has good taste, she likes me...
I think I will buy a new trailer with my money. This one has a been a lemon. I was warned but didn't listen. I think I have that problem a lot.
Later, I would like a little warmer tempertures......

By Blogger Brenda, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------