Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Advice about sleeping husbands

As I read through the comments posted, I came across Cathie's comments about having trouble sleeping--even when her husband is in the bed.

I say...do NOT let sleeping dogs lie. ;)

I say...kiss up, touch everything, climb on. Whatever it takes to let him know you're interested.

And if he's cranky for being woke up? Tell him you were cranky for needing some attention. I wouldn't say a pick a fight. I'd say pick a lovemaking session. Kiss up and down and all over his bod until he can't ignore you.

That's what I do.

In his sleep, he might roll away. And at twilight sleep, he might moan like he's annoyed. But, it doesn't take too long to perk him up (if I'm serious about getting his attention).

In my experience, men like to be told that you're hot and ready to go. All the men I know say they like it when a woman takes the initiative.

Wince. All the men I know. Sounds like I sleep around. I don't. Never have. (But to each his/her own on that one). I meant, I have lots of male friends that have confided that they'd like a sexually aggressive woman in their bad--at least half the time.

It makes sense to trade off. I don't know about you, but sometimes I'm in the mood to let my partner be the one to do all the work. And sometimes, I wanna participate big time. And sometimes, I get annoyed when he makes me do all the work.

So, I say...trade off on that. And even if you're the recipient of body worshipping, you still need to let your partner know they're doing the right things. You don't want them to think you're asleep. Because that "ain't gonna get it for ya again anytime soon." I guarantee that.

Ever been on top, doing all the work, and wondering if your partner was anywhere near where you wanted them to be? Well, ask. Say something. Let 'em know you couldn't tell if they were enjoying it.

Because, honestly, I damn sure ain't gonna do all the work next time if you didn't show some appreciation--even if it is simply an occasional moan of pleasure, or a gasp of, "Ah. That's it. Keep it up. I'm close."

Or whatever.

And I don't care who you are...cuddling or at the very least, some sort of skin touching--before and after--is really a good thing to do. Anything to keep the physical connection.

That's not to say you have to be a blanket for your partner. Although, when I was younger, I liked draping myself...well, I ramble. You get the picture. Right?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 10:06 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

I agree. Mine never complains about being awakened. If I can't wake him, then I know he was too tired. But if he does wake, he's always very happy to be awake and more than willing to be treated (as in my treat, or trick or treat) on occasion. ;-D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 PM  

Oh I agree with you Carys, and I think at those times, are the best ones to take advantage of. Sometimes we need reminders of being the more agressive one! So sounds like I have more planning to do :)
Plus I feel communication is important, to say "I need you to take care of me today, I need you to take care of all my needs"
Its important to communicate what you want and need!

By Blogger Caffey, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------