Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, March 17, 2006

Another sleepless night

I went to bed at 1 a.m. and was awake again between 4-5 a.m. Rolled around until 6. Tired, just not sleepy.

I went shopping last night at the only store I have a credit card for. Circuit City. Bought myself a new laptop. Now, I'm wired for sound. Or something like that.

What gets me is the deceptive marketing. I mean, I knew how to do the math as I picked it out. And I knew about the add-ons beforehand, so I wasn't surprised. But, this laptop (Acer) that had a tag saying $1000 with $250 rebate cost me $1700 all total by the time I bought: $100 carrying case--hard sided (last laptop bit the dust due to the soft side case allowing a thump to damage it beyond repair), wireless mouse $30, car plug-in/charger $50, $300 warranty 2 yrs. Oh yeah, and the FREE printer and router--which you pay for up front and send in the rebates for.

Now, all I gotta do is figure out how to put it all together and get online and I'll be up and running.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 4:13 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Carys, I have to thank that I have my husband, cuz I wouldn't have remembered to get that all and would have gone back and forth. I leave it to him to set up and make it ready to go for me, LOL. But maybe too you will find it all worth it, especially if it runs fast and all!
Hope the sleeping gets better and that you're not up on the laptop more, LOL
Cathie

By Blogger Caffey, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------