Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, November 24, 2006

Poetry (and sex)

Today, I am working on poetry because I have a dear friend who has asked for me to look over her entries for a contest before she sends them in. And I am supposed to be a tiebreaking judge later today for another contest. So, my morning is set.

I am also compiling a book of sexy poetry. I think I mentioned that before. Some is sensually stirring, others are hard hitting (hehehe there's another pun) cruder and graphic stuff. I wonder if sexy poetry will sell. I went to an international poetry symposium once and the ONLY book that sold out completely was the sex poetry one. This may be accepted and released for Valentine's Day...the kind of thing to read with and to your significant other.

Anyhow, gotta get busy.

Report on the diet--I went off bigtime. Ate mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, rolls, and pie. Sigh. So, today I'm climbing my big butt back on the no sweet wagon...and counting the days until Christmas. LOL

I hope you had a good one. (Thanksgiving, that is.) I spent an absolutely lovely day at my daughter's house. (The one that just got married.) She cooked the turkey, and pretty much everything. She had it almost done before I got there. I was totally impressed.

She made something that I think you might like:

Stuffed Mushrooms

Mushrooms (The bigger ones)
Clean and remove stems. Chop stems to tiny pieces (or throw away)
Cream Cheese
Bring to room temperature and stir until creamy.
Sausage
Crumble and cook until almost overdone.

Mix the cream cheese, sausage and stems pieces (if you bothered with them) all together. Stuff the mushrooms and bake in 350 degree oven until mushrooms look cooked through. (Moisture will form in the bottom of the pan.)

These are SO good, and so simple.
My daughter worked for a gourmet catering school--and has a certificate for catering. This is one of the easiest, but classiest little appetizers I've ever seen. One thing to note, the mushrooms are juicy and a napkin should be used underneath when you bite into them.

I think that a quilting needle or toothpick size hole stuck through the bottom of the mushroom might help it drain while cooking.

If you try these, let me know what you think.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 8:42 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

I totally hear ya about going off the diet big time. I did that too. Yeesh. But it was good. :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:42 AM  

Those stuffed mushrooms do sound good. I'll have to try to remember that when we're making food for holiday parties.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 11:50 PM  

The mushrooms ARE great, and easy, but have a little bit of class to them when you put them on a pretty platter and say, "Have an appetizer."

Much more so than the deviled eggs on the other plate. ;)

And I am SO glad I'm not the only one that went off-diet. But, really, if we can't enjoy a holiday, what's the point in living? I mean, what ARE we living for? (Spending a great day with friends and/or family--and in my world a great day always has good food that I am allowed to eat. Right?)

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------