Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, January 19, 2007

Kisses and Jeans update

I didn't write at all yesterday--slept most of the day because I had stayed in the chair here the day before, editing through that first half of Candy's Kisses and Levi's Jeans--and writing, and got the manuscript up over 200 pages, to somewhere around 50,000 words. So, that was about 22 hours of writing and editing (re-editing) straight with breaks for the bathroom and to get drinks (water bottles.) My husband cooked some sausage at some point during that because he gave me a bowl with it and said, "Here, eat." Or something like that.

So, that was THAT day. Rocking out to cranked music and tuning into nothing but the screen. I went to bed at 6 a.m. yesterday and I didn't want to leave it then, but my back and shoulders hurt so bad I didn't have any choice. And then I had to take something to get to sleep because the story wasn't letting me rest. I love this guy Levi.

I think I got up around 3 yesterday--slept better than I have in ages. Wanted to get back to the story, but real life conspired against me AGAIN. We had to go up town to the bank and then over to my daughter's basketball game, which we lost because we are not shooters. (Like my WE?) The other team shot ten baskets to every one we did. Ours went in quit a bit more, percentage wise, but that doesn't win the game. We lost by five buckets. It was very annoying to us. (My husband and me.) When we pointed it out to my daughter after the game, she said we should play.

I, of course, said WE did when we were kids, and we were shooters. They spend so much time passing the ball around that you get dizzy watching the same (damn) play over and over again.

Anyhow, won't be able to write all day today, probably, because Cheyenne has a doctor's appt this afternoon and since some of that metal in her back is bulging weirdly and hurting--we cannot miss it. I hope it is nothing. Pray for us. I think it is nothing to worry about...just her back being out a little. But her x-ray with tell us for sure. Too many bleachers of late, is what I'm thinking. Girl needs a back support when she sits--ya know? Anyhow, cranking music NOW.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:42 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Hope everything is all right with your girl

By Blogger Pamk, at 5:57 PM  

Wow! Talk about a marathon session!

Hope everything works out with Cheyenne.

(Did you get hit with the system that got us last weekend?)

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------