Carys Weldon Blog

Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fool's Day

Nobody played any jokes on me yesterday, so that was good. Did you get any pranks pulled on you?

I pretty much hate being the butt-end of a prank. How about you?

I spent most of yesterday writing. I worked on a short mystery story submission. Well, 7000 words isn't very short, imo. Damn near a short novella. I called it THE RED MED CASE. I've already mailed it out so I'll let ya know if I get that rejected or accepted. I then went to work on a paranormal short story and got that up to about 9 pages when I got a call. The rest of my family was throwing a barbecue and insisted I leave the story and come join them. I hated to leave it because it was going along really well.

But I'm glad I did. The evening was beautiful, calm and pretty much perfect. A very nice evening to sit around on a patio and chat and talk about life with my kids and husband.

What did you do with your day? Anything good?

This morning, I had to get up, shower, and immediately call the electric company to make a payment. Is it just mine, or is everybody paying an outrageous amount this year? It's been sky high. I'm not quite sure why.

Anyhow, looking at paying other bills this morning. Thinking...I need to receive more CHECKS in the mail. (Repeating that over and over in my head. More checks coming. More checks coming.)

I have another softball game to go to this evening. I'll let ya know how that turns out.

I'm posting at livejournal now, too. Just started this week. (Like I didn't already have enough stuff going.)

I really need to apply myself to learning out to make trailers for utube. You know, fun little advertisements for my books. If anybody has a skill in that area and would like to try and whip me up one, that would be super great. I'm graphics challenged. (As well as vertically, electronically, and exercise challenged.)

Birds are singing outside my door. So, I guess that means we've got a good day going. Huh?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:13 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

I helped babysit the twins while my sister was moving. That's about it.

I can honestly say I haven't done any April Fool's jokes or had any done on me for about 14 years. That's fine by me because it really isn't a fun/funny day anymore.

Good luck on the short story sub. :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:32 AM  

I fixed two computers and continued reloading our new trailer... Lost a box, Can't find it.. I wonder where it is at..
Today had a nasty damage at work. And a Friend's Father died and needed to help her with a problem. Then my computer crash... I have it working again.. Wish I knew something about about graghics and stuff for you.. I am not very creative... Fixed another computer.
Have fun at the ball game.

By Blogger Brenda, at 12:30 PM  

It's my birthday! Yes...I'm an April Fool's baby.
I spent the day with my family. My husband, our 3 sons, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter treated me to lunch and then we went and saw "Meet the Robinsons's". Not really my 1st choice, but it thrilled a 5 year old. lol

By Blogger ChristyJan, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------