Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2007

What Women Want and CLUES

This is, uh, a guide for men. So, if you're not a man, but have one in your life, maybe you'd like to point him toward this. I hope all men read this article and every link to each of the ten points the author makes.

http://www.googobits.com/articles/657-a-mans-guide-to-understanding-ten-things-women-want.html

You may have guessed...I obviously want to point my husband to this. The website is a little weird because there's a lot of ads. The title and set-up to the article is at the top, easy to read. But you have to skip the center ad links--and that's true on all the pages. The article seems good, though, to me. Good enough to share.

AND because I believe in fairplay, here's a link for women, so they can figure out how to figure out their man. http://www.relationshipheadquarters.com/ Check out the links to articles on the lower right side.

My mom left my dad after 24 1/2 years of marriage and she said that if she'd read the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, she never would have left him. Who knows? Just thought I'd point you to that because she swears it's worth reading.

Me? I haven't read it yet. I guess I'd rather sit around saying, "I just don't understand HIM." I mean, what the heck...he won't read it, so what's the point in me understanding what's wrong with us? Would he listen to me while I explain it? The whole world tunes me out, I think.

It's those damn type loop lectures I do, I know. Tune me out today, tune in tomorrow and you'll pick right back up in the same place I left off. I have my soapboxes and apparently I can't get off of them.

What can I do? I like to tell people where to go and how to get there.
Which seems like the perfect lead-in for more website links for the BLOG CONTEST.

1) The chick who owns this website posts more often here than anyone else. I thought I had blogged about her site first. (See how bad my memory is?) Cool pic of a sunset greets you. Because I definitely want you to go there, I'm just gonna make this easy and give you her link: http://www.jenifernipps.com/

Bonus question for your list/this website would be "What's the name of her work in progress?" She's mentioned it a couple times in her comments here. I want you to be looking for it when she gets it published. I totally admire Jen. She has vision problems and still works full time and writes. Amazing lady.

2)I gotta point you to this Epic author. The guy writes a little bit of everything like I do. SF, humor, romance, mystery and more. And I'm posting an interview of him on my wordpress blog today. So, this is one of those clues you have to actually work for. Find my wordpress blog and check out who it is. Links to his website will be at the bottom of the interview. Also, bonus question, what's the Double Dragon book he's got a cover on, front and center on his website.

Since that looks like a little work, I'll just leave you with the two websites (plus my other blog) to check out.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:02 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Wow. More than anyone else, huh?

I guess I don't talk enough in real-time so I make up for it? lol

j/k

By Blogger Unknown, at 4:56 PM  

Oh. One more thing. Every so often, I change the picture on the front page to something new from somewhere in Oklahoma. I haven't been able to get in to change it lately so it's overdue for an update.

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:30 PM  

Jen N, do you have a link to your wordpress blog on your site? If it is, I think you should make it more prominent because I couldn't find it. I had to click on your link to Creatif here to find it. Also, the jennipps.blogspot.com link on Writersville goes to a Japanese site for car insurance!

By Blogger J, at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------